Woonsocket Harris Public Library Hours of Operation
Starting June 4th, the library will start circulating Nook e-readers. There are two models of the Nook: the Nook Simple Touch and the Nook Color. The Nook Simple Touch is a simple black and white e-reader designed just for reading ebooks. The Nook Color is a tablet that allows users to read ebooks, go on the internet (where wifi is available), stream video and use applications. Picture books are especially fun on the Nook Color as many children’s ebooks are interactive.
Please use this form to suggest items for the Library to purchase.
HOW TO GET YOUR LIBRARY CARD
- To obtain a card you will need to show a valid picture ID from a city, state, or government agency such as a driver’s license, military ID, or a passport.
- A second piece of identification establishing residency by showing your current address will also be needed. Acceptable documents include a current utility bill, voter’s registration card, vehicle insurance card, or even your checks if they include your current address.
- Non-residents who own property within the city limits need to provide a current tax bill for that property.
Book Club meets the third Wednesday of every month at 7 p.m.
September 21. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
October 19. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
November 16. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
December 21. Fool Me Once by Harlan Coben
January 18. At the Edge of the Orchard by Tracy Chevalier
February 15. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh
Local Arts & Entertainment
• Autumnfest - Woonsocket's premier fall celebration.
Woonsocket Schools & Local Organizations
- City hall address:
169 Main Street
Woonsocket, RI 02895
- Form of Government:
Mayor and seven-member City Council.
- Meetings held:
The first and third Mondays of each month at 7 pm.
- Town map (via Google™ Maps)
- Established in: 1867
- Incorporated in: 1888
- Land area square miles: 7.7000
- Police Department: 401-766-1212
- Fire Department: 401-765-2500
- Animal Control: 401-766-6571
- Garbage Collection:401-767-9210
- Water Dept.: 401-767-9217
- Library: 401-769-9044
- County: Providence
- State of Rhode Island
- Woonsocket Police Department
- Woonsocket Fire Department
- Woonsocket Education Department
- My Woonsocket
General Interest Government Documents
- Budget of the U.S. Government
- A Citizen's Guide to the Federal Budget
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Economic Indicators, 1998-present
- Federal Register
- FedWorld Information Network
Central access point for searching, locating, ordering and acquiring government and business information.
- Government Information Locator Service (GILS) Records
Identifies, locates, and describes publicly available Federal information sources.
- Impeachment Documents Relating to a United States President (Auburn University)
- Pathway Services
Government Internet sites on hot topics; a subject bibliography index.
- Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States
- Subject Browsing: U.S. Government Bookstore
Browse by topic; includes description of books and publishing information
- U. S. Government Manual
- United States Code
- Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents
- World Factbook
- Zip Code Lookup and Address Information